KMET SACCO is a registered non-deposit taking Micro-Finance Institution that provides financial services, training, and capacity building to micro, small and mid-size enterprises with a special focus on group and individual customers (Medical Practitioners, Teachers, Women, Youth, and bike transport groups) based in Kisumu. As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to hire a mature, qualified staff to fill the above position
The job holder will be expected to offer high-level financial leadership with regard to Sacco’s operations and financial management. Deputizing the General Manager, the position holder will also be responsible for leading, controlling, and forecasting the society’s savings, cost management, and investment activities.
- Developing, maintaining, and enforcing sound financial processes, procedures, and controls and ensuring compliance to both internal, regulatory, and international reporting requirements across the society including overseeing compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Be the financial advisor to the General Manager and the Board of Directors on all financial matters, funds, and liquidity management in the society
- Undertake continuous risk assessment and apply effective internal controls
- Overseeing the flow of cash and financial instruments and management of financial partners for optimal returns including cash management
- Maintain accounting records of the society and process the society’s payments.
- Review and verify invoices and related documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare payment vouchers in respect of all payments and post transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records for management reporting.
- File statutory returns for compliance.
- Prepare payroll payment vouchers and ensure that all payroll statutory are filed on time.
- Track expenses and prepare daily expenditure analysis and credit reports for management action.
- Perform any other responsibilities allocated from time to time
- Degree/Diploma in Banking & Finance/Accounting
2. A minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a similar position or as an Auditor with a Sacco
3. CPA III holder or ACCA, ACA qualifications
4. Registered with ICPAK
5. Computer proficiency in ERP, especially MS NAVISION
If you meet the above requirements, please send a Copy of your recent CV with a Cover Letter to The General Manager, KMET SACCO Limited, Email: email@example.com by January 5, 2023. Kindly Quote the ‘Position: Finance Officer - SACCO’ in the Email as the subject for Consideration.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.