County Government of Siaya in partnership with KMET is seeking to employ the services of a qualified, energetic and proactive individual to fill in the Position of a Communications Assistant in the Office of the First Lady to implement a Smart Start Siaya Project (3S), for investment in effective Early Childhood Development programs as a foundation of good health and optimal productivity in the future of Siaya County.
The 3S proposes to implement a 5-point agenda as a critical entry point for the development of a practical, results-oriented common Nurturing Care Framework within the County to support and strengthen Early Childhood Stimulation services. The project will engage communities and health providers to create an enabling environment for provision of Child Stimulation services within selected health and community facilities in Siaya County. The project therefore seeks to recruit a Communication person with the following qualities;
1. Work with the KMET Communications dept. to produce communications material about the project.
2. Proactively work with field teams and to produce compelling feature stories and issue-oriented reports focusing on children and their families that can be used for electronic and print material for effective donor and public engagement in the work of 3S.
3. Work with KMET Communications dept. to develop and implement a quarterly media strategy to enhance visibility of the project.
4. Contribute to advocacy-oriented communications products and campaigns including web-based and print materials, posters, policy briefing papers, reports, stories and photo essays.
5. Ensure positive and consistent messaging of 3S work on social media sites.
6. Work with teams to contribute stories, photos and information for the quarterly reports that detail organizational changes, activities, staffing and other news about the program.
Diploma Qualification in either Communication Studies, Journalism, public/International relations or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
At least 2 years of experience in development communications.(Even as a volunteer)
Team player, ability to work with diverse teams and build relationships both in public and private sector.
Must possess excellent journalistic and photography and social media management.
Be Proficient in computer applications including Adobe Creative suite or Corel draw package.
Able to function in a fast-paced, deadline driven and meet tight deadlines and multiple demands for support from a results-driven team.
If you meet the Above requirements please send a Copy of your CV with a Cover letter indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors to: [email protected]