KMET is looking for a Policy and Advocacy Lead –to identify potential advocacy opportunities and support all our programs with policy and advocacy initiatives. The incumbent will develop and implement KMETs advocacy strategy, programs, and campaigns to build commitment for and support an enabling environment for Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) service provision through inter-governmental and partner-related processes.
S/he will help to renew and increase political and financial commitments for SRHR in our priority counties and ensure the prioritization of SRHR in national, regional, and international dialogues, agendas, and policies. S/he will act as the focal point for the organization’s policy and advocacy activities to advance SRHR.
- Monitor and map the political landscape and developments at the National and County levels and help implement relevant coordinated support and mobilization activities together with the department.
- Undertake research and documentation on SRHR violations and abuses with a view to lead evidence-based lobbying and advocacy and campaigns in different areas of SRHR protection and promotion.
- Provide technical and policy advisory support to the Institution’s Management, national, and County levels for reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health, primary health care, and safeguarding in projects.
- Lead KMET’s Human Rights-Based Approach advocacy projects and dialogue with national and county economic and human rights entities and instruments.
- Establish networks and partnerships for synergy among SRHR organizations including regional human rights institutions, Civil Society Organizations, and SRHR champions, for concerted SRHR advocacy at the implementation level. This will be executed through regional online/physical lobbying and advocacy engagements, media advocacy, collaborative campaigns, experience learning, linking, and learning for young advocates.
- Build and nurture partnerships with County and national level policymakers, regional economic blocs’ leadership, and strategic partners to drive KMET’s advocacy agenda.
- As part of the broader KMET advocacy team, the post holder will also contribute to various organizational tasks and processes needed to advance the legal and advocacy, capacity building, and protection objectives of the organization around SRHR and GBV.
- Document KMET’s advocacy successes and learning working closely with other advocacy experts and communications/media officers.
- Gather evidence to support the development of advocacy material, documents, and presentations.
- Collaborate with the communication team to develop and disseminate innovative advocacy materials targeting policymakers and other strategic audiences. Advocacy materials may include print, digital, and multi-media formats.
- Degree in law, international relations, public policy, communications and/or other related fields. Law Degree holders must have LSK practicing certificate.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, in the legal, human rights, policy advocacy, and/or communications area.
- Track record of developing advocacy and policy initiatives that yield results in areas of the health and education development arena.
- Demonstrated success in planning and conducting advocacy activities to influence policies for the health of women, children, and service provision.
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with government officers, CSO partners, and international organizations at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex issues in a concise, compelling, and easily understandable manner.
- Experience in facilitating meetings and moderating complex discussions with a variety of stakeholders (including national leaders).
Submit application stating why you are best placed for this position, 2-page complete recent CV, expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than February 21, 2022, by 05.00 PM.
Remember to indicate the position as the “Email Subject line” to:
The Human Resource and Operations Manager,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.