About KMET Sacco
KMET Sacco Society Ltd. was formally registered under the Co-operative Societies Act Cap 490 of 1966 on 24th January 2010 and started its operations immediately, with a membership of 25 members. Currently KMET Sacco has more than 1800 members,
The SACCO members are composed of KMET Staff, Community Health Providers, Community Health Workers, Orphans and Vulnerable Children caregivers and the general public.
- To encourage thrift among the members by affording them an opportunity for accumulating their savings
- To create a pool of funds for credit which be lent to qualified members at fair and reasonable rates of interest.
- To provide an opportunity for each of its members to improve his or her respective economic and social conditions.
- To perform the functions and exercise the powers designated for saving and credit cooperatives societies under the law.
- To introduce new products that will promote the economic base of the members.
- Normal/development loan
- School fees loans
- Emergency loan
- Inuka loans/ Imara loan
- Sacco flex loans
- Salaries Advance
- X-Mass furaha
- Excel Savings
The SACCO’s mandate, as provided by the Cooperative Society’s Act chapter 490 of the laws of Kenya, include
- Encouraging thrift members among its members.
- Creating a source of funds for credit.
- Assisting members to improve their economic and social conditions.
- Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Promoting economic base of the members.
Advisory and consultancy services for members.
ABOUT KMET MFI
MFI is one of the four constituents IGAs in KMET business enterprise. A seed fund from American Jewish World Service initiated this project KMET MFI Project delinked from KMET SACCO LTD from 1st January 2015. 3 years before this date, it had existed under nutrition project (HBC) which aimed at improving the nutrient status of the infected/affected (PLWHA) in Kisumu City slums of Obunga and Nyalenda.
- Mission -To bring about socio-economic empowerment of the low income customers, through responsive quality financial services.
- Vision – Establishment of a self -sustainable and economically empowered rural, sub-urban and urban society.
- Goal – Increase availability of micro finance services and improve the lives of low income customers through efficient use of available resources.
Client recruitment (Group & Individuals)
Financial management training
Loan disbursement/risk management
Client relationship management (CRM)